Conference facilities at The University of Nottingham
The University of Nottingham hosts a wide variety of engaging and highly respected conferences covering a vast array of different subjects and interests. We also offer a fantastic range of facilities for conferences, meetings and events so you can host your event on one of our award-winning campuses.
A wide range of facilities for events of all sizes can be found across all three campus locations (University Park, Jubilee Campus and Sutton Bonington) at The University of Nottingham. Available in University vacation periods.
Opened in November 2012, the 202-bed eco-friendly Orchard Hotel features 5 meeting rooms and bespoke modern décor. Bramleys Brasserie serves a range of mouthwatering dishes between 12-10pm.
Discounted hotel rates for the Orchard Hotel and Jubilee Conference Centre are available for staff, associates and visitors coming to the University of Nottingham. To book, please call 0115 876 0900 (Selecting Option 1) to speak to the reservations department, alternatively emailing EMCCreservations@devere.com | JCCreservations@devere.com
With new conferences being confirmed all the time you’re sure to find something that catches your eye. We attract expertise drawn from across all academic disciplines so that academic conferences at The University of Nottingham bring together subject specialists from across the globe.
- 19 (13:00) - 20/10/2018 (18:00)
- Interdisciplinary conference investigating the impact of the distribution of musical and other performing arts media via radio, television and digital broadcasting on communities in eastern Asia and the Pacific nations.
- 20/10/2018 (09:00-18:00)
- 08 (10:00) - 09/11/2018 (16:00)
- University of Nottingham
- Recent elections and referenda have thrown up some unexpected results - outside candidates have emerged rapidly to take power, and established politicians have suffered an unexpected decline or increase in support. Traditional institutions such as political parties and trade unions have experienced a revival in membership. Received wisdom on public opinion and political behaviour has been disrupted, not least assumptions about the political engagement of millenials. This conference will explore mediated communication of politics in the context of such instability and insurgency.
- 17 (09:00) - 18/05/2019 (18:00)
- The University of Nottingham, University Park Nottingham
- 24 (09:00) - 25/06/2019 (17:00)
- University of Nottingham
- This conference will consider the ways in which different forms and genres of modernist writing responded to the visual arts; the legacy of modernism in contemporary practices of art writing; and the ways in which writers, whether academic, curatorial or creative, have engaged with modernist works of art.
View the full events calendar rather than a list.
If you need to find out more about a past conference you can do so easily by consulting our conference archive. This directory of our previous events includes information on the topics covered by the conference, the keynote speakers and the coordinating institutions.