The University likes to recognise students who excel, not only in their studies, but also in a wider variety of ways.
These prizes are an excellent opportunity for our students to engage in activities and projects that significantly improve their own expertise, but also benefit their peers and profession.
Find out about some of our award winning students below...
Student Nursing Times Awards 2017
We won an incredible four awards at the 2017 ceremony:
- Student Midwife of the Year: Claire Vinter
- Student Nurse of the Year: Abigail Baxter (Learning Disabilities)
- Teaching Innovation of the Year: The University's peer-led clinical skills project
- Student Experience Award: The pre-registration nursing programme
Student Nursing Times Awards 2016
The school won four awards at the 2016 Student Nursing Times Awards ceremony.
As well as the school being named 'Nurse Education Provider of the Year (post-registration)', three of our students also won individual awards:
- Student Nurse of the Year - Learning Disabilities: Craig Bell
- Outstanding Contribution to Student Affairs: Jodi Shaw
- Learner of the Year - Post-Registration: Aquiline Chivinge
Watch the winners' video
2016: Sophie Marsden, third year physiotherapy student, has been awarded a Collaboration prize for her Advantage Award.
Awards are presented on the completion of each cohort for Academic Achievement and Outstanding Commitment and Contribution. The awards are selected by the midwifery academic team, based on overall performance over the duration of the course.