The school offers a variety of full-time or part-time masters and doctoral programmes for health and social care professionals, with a focus on either advanced clinical practice or research. Staff and students are engaged with the latest developments in health services practice and research both nationally and internationally.
Most recently, the school has achieved national and international recognition in the areas of:
- user involvement
- technology in healthcare education
- end-of-life studies
- mental health nursing
For those learning in practice, you can expect to work in acute and community settings within local NHS Health Care Trusts and across the voluntary and social service sectors.
- We have been ranked 4th in the UK for our research quality in the Research Excellence Framework (REF2021) results. We were part of a joint return with the School of Pharmacy and colleagues from the School of Medicine (UOA3 Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Nursing, and Pharmacy).
- 96% of our research is world-leading or internationally excellent.
- Our research environment is 100% world-leading.
- Times Higher Education ranking us joint 6th in the UK for research impact.
- Research Fortnight also ranked the University as 5th in the UK for research power in allied health professions, nursing and pharmacy