· Senior Tutor· Course Lead: Masters in Nursing Science (undergraduate pre-registration)
· Continuing Professional Development Module Leader and Convenor:
· B73/74 CTC Cancer Therapies
· B73/74 FCC Foundations in cancer care
· B73/74 HSC Haematology and Haemopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
Teaching & input to a variety of CPD modules, BSc in Nursing modules and Master of Nursing Science Modules relating to cancer treatment, care and health promotion.
Post registered education:
- Pathway leader for Adult cancer and Haemato-oncology Learning Beyond Registration pathways
- Module convenor for: Cancer Treatments, Haematology and Nature of Cancer module.
Pre registration Teaching:
- Cancer Health Promotion, cancer treatments, oncological emergencies, Clinical skills across Diploma, Bsc and masters
Exploring older women with a primary breast cancer diagnosis experience of treatment decisions, using a qualitative, grounded theory methodology
Pollock, K, Cox, K, Howard, P, Wilson, E and Moghaddam, N. (2008) Service User experiences of information delivery following a diagnosis of cancer: a qualitative study. Supportive Care in Cancer. August 16(8) p.963-73
Pollock, K, Moghaddam, N, Cox, K, Wilson, E and Howard, P., (2010) Exploring patients' experience of receiving information about cancer: A comparison of interview and questionnaire methods of data collection. Health. 22 December 2010, 1461-7196
Howard, P and Chady, B (2012) Practice Learning Opportunities for Student Nurses Cancer and Palliative Care Caring for. A Pocket Placement Book for Student Nurses and their Mentors. Elsevier.
Parks, RM; Howard, P; Tang, S-W; Hall, L; Lakshmanan, R; Winterbottom, L; Morgan, DA; Cox, K; Cheung, K-L. (2012) Assessment of changes of quality of life (QOL) following initial treatment of older women with primary operable breast cancer. Journal of Geriatric Oncology 3. S1-S9
Parks, RM; Hall, L; Tang, SW; Lakshmanan, R; Howard, P; Winterbottom, L; Morgan, DAL; Porock, D; Cox, K and Cheung KL (2013) A pilot study exploring issues around decision making in older women with primary operable breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 31 Supl: abstr. e20588
Scotting, P and Howard, P (2013) The Biology of Cancer. Cancer Nursing Practice. 12(4) 14-20
Scotting, P and Howard, P (2013) The Causes of Cancer. Cancer Nursing Practice. 12(5) 23-28
Scotting, P and Howard, P (2013) How genes affect the risk of developing cancer. Cancer Nursing Practice. 12(6) 19-23
Pasalodos -Sanchez, S; Howard, P and Scotting, P (2013) Identifying familial cancer risk' Cancer Nursing Practice. 12(8) p16-22
Howard, P, Pasalodos -Sanchez, S and Scotting, P (2013) Implications and impact of genetic testing. Cancer nursing practice. 12(9) p25-30
Scotting, P and Howard, P (2013) New methods of detecting cancer and identifying genetic risk of disease. Cancer nursing practice 12(10) p16-21