2. What can they do for you?
Online support groups are usually available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Many people who use them find this really convenient. You decide how often and for how long you use them.
There are a number features that appear to help people reach out and find support.
- One of the first things you are likely to realise is that you are not alone! Online groups are places where people just like yourself can come together and share their experiences and learn from others. You would be surprised just how many people have been through the same as you.
- They help you find things out. Perhaps you want advice about a problem or are curious to find out how other people cope with their problems.
- They give you a place where you can tell your own story and share with others your experiences.
- Usually we post messages to talk to other groups members but it is completely up to you what you wish to say, how much to share. You are in control.