Ready... Set... BAKE! The SB Cake Off is returning for its sixth year — to raise money for Vets in the Community and Terrence Higgins Trust.
The event's run by students and staff from our Sutton Bonington Campus. It involves the creation of amazing science-themed cakes and helps raise money for the following causes:
- Vets in the Community: A student-led charity providing free veterinary care for the pets of homeless and vulnerably-housed people in Nottingham.
- Terrence Higgins Trust: A charity that aims to end HIV discrimination in the UK, supports those living with and tried to eradicate the stigma and discrimination of HIV.
The Cake Off event will include a silent auction and prize giving, as well as a cake sale.
The category names for the competition are:
- 901 ways to get to SB - Any form of transport
- Scrumptious Science - Embracing nerdy bakers
- Blue Planet - Illustrate life below water
- Show-stoppers - the 'anything goes' category
Online entries for the competition close at 6pm, Wednesday 14 March, and bakers will need to bring their cakes to the Barn by 9am, Thursday 15 March.
For cake registration and to find out more, visit www.sbcakeoff.co.uk.