Following on from the success of the ‘How to communicate with industry’ training course led by Keith Daniell, we are delighted to now host James Hobby to help you learn 'How to pitch your research to industry’. Language that industry talks is very different from academic language. Come and find out how you can pitch your ideas, in a way that industry will find attractive and worth investing in.
The session will cover:
- Identifying who you want to pitch to
- Defining what you are ‘selling’ (e.g., expertise, facilities, projects) or the problem you are trying to solve
- Outlining why is it important to you, industry and beyond
- Common mistakes
- The pitch – using language industry understands/is interested in
- There will be an opportunity to access group/one to one coaching with James after the online event.
Speaker: James Hobby, ex-Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) and Head of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) for Servomex, the UK’s largest gas instrumentation company, will demonstrate how to effectively pitch your ideas to attract industry collaboration and funding. James works with several start-ups and funders, including acting as Technical Director for three of them, so is very knowledgeable in this area.