Anamax Charitable Foundation Scholarships
HRLC is pleased to announce two scholarships for our International Human Rights Law Short Course running from 27 January until 3 April 2020.
What is the Anamax Charitable Foundation Scholarship?
A Chemistry graduate of the University of Nottingham and his wife, a lawyer, have established scholarships to assist overseas students in International Human Rights Law.
The scholarships are to be awarded to candidates from developing countries in which increased awareness of human rights can be seen to be needed and who would return home to work in human rights.
- Be currently employed by a national or local authority whose mandate includes promotion or protection of human rights - this includes national or local government, judiciary, national institutions for human rights, ombudspersons, etc.
- Be currently employed or a regular, long-term volunteer of an international, national or local civil society organisation whose mandate includes promotion or protection of human rights.
- Otherwise identify as a human rights defender with a demonstrable track record of acting to promote or protect human rights.
What the scholarship covers:
The Anamax Charitable Foundation Scholarships (up to the value of £2,750) will cover:
- travel to/from Nottingham to attend the course (including airfare, airport transfers)
- accommodation for the 10 weeks of the course, inclusive of all related taxes and bills
HRLC will support the scholarships by offering a bursary to cover the course fee (£2,950).
The scholarships will be awarded subject to applicants satisfying UK immigration rules and obtaining, if necessary, a short-term study visa (at their own expense), with the support of HRLC. Successful applicants will also be responsible for their own travel/health insurance and day-to-day living expenses (food, local travel, etc).
How to apply?
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a 1,000 word statement (both in English) detailing why you are applying for the short course, explain the work you do and how attendance of the short course will enable you to perform your role better.
Please save your documents as follows: name.surname_CV and name.surname_statement.
Please send your application and any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Friday 15 November 2019.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive, we will contact only shortlisted applicants.