|Title and Link||Description|
Excerpt from a document prepared by the Infection Control Team, Queen's Medical Centre Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust
- Contact dermatitis: A type of immune-mediated inflammatory skin rash that results from an allergy to a particular substance.
- Healthcare associated infections: Infections which are acquired by the patient during treatment, investigation or rehabilitation in a hospital or community setting.
- Latex allergy: An undesirable immune response due to hypersensitivity to latex.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Specialised clothing or equipment worn by an employee for protection against infectious materials.
- Standard infection control precautions: Basic level of infection control that should be used in the care of all patients all of the time.
- Sterile: Free from micro-organisms.