Richard Leach attended the 66th CIRP General Assembly from 21-27 August 2016 in Guimaraes, Portugal.
Richard was involved in the following:
- co-author on a paper in the Ann. CIRP “An international comparison of surface texture parameters quantification on polymer artefacts using optical instruments”
- presented an update to STC P on the 2019 keynote on “Geometrical metrology for metal additive manufacturing” (lead author)
- attended a planning meeting for STC P 2020 keynote on “Material measures for dimensional metrology” (DTU lead)
- attended a planning meeting for STC S 2019 keynote on “On-machine surface metrology for precision manufacturing” (Tohoku lead)
- presented in the Part 2 STC S on “Trials and tribulations with additive surfaces” (co-author Adam Thompson and Nicola Senin)
- presented in the Part 2 STC P on “Information-rich metrology: a fresh approach to manufacturing metrology”
- presented in the Part 2 STC S on the surface texture parameter survey that Nottingham is leading
- elected as the secretary of STC S
- presented to CIRP UK on the new working group “In-process metrology and process control” (Nottingham lead)
Wahyudin Syam and Rong Su were also elected as affiliate members of CIRP.
L-R: Dr Adam Clare (Nottingham), Dr Haydn Martin (Huddersfield), Dr Peter Kinnell (Loughborough) at the conference dinner.