Research in Educational Leadership and Management
The Centre for Research in Educational Leadership and Management (CRELM) is a national and international centre that undertakes leading-edge research in four interlocking areas:
- School system governance, leadership and equity
- School leadership supply, development and quality
- Teachers’ work and lives: professionalism, quality and retention
- Schools as successful and sustainable organisations
Producing research that makes a difference
CRELM team members undertake research, teaching, publication and related activities with the aim of advancing theory, policy and practice at local, national and international levels. The centre employs 'fit for purpose' methods of inquiry and draws on a diverse range of theoretical perspectives, often working in inter-disciplinary partnerships.
CRELM staff are engaged in a range of national and international collaborations and advisory roles, including several strong partnerships with local schools and academies.
The centre runs two thriving Masters programmes and supports a range of PhD and EdD students.
- Conference theme: Troubling educational leadership through authentic engagement
- 12 January 2023
- Fourth edition features two chapters from Professor Christopher Day
- 11 January 2023
- The School of Education's relationship with UNESCO continues with this prestigious appointment
- 22 December 2022
See all news