Research in Educational Leadership and Management
The Centre for Research in Educational Leadership and Management (CRELM) is a national and international centre that undertakes leading-edge research in four interlocking areas:
- School system governance, leadership and equity
- School leadership supply, development and quality
- Teachers’ work and lives: professionalism, quality and retention
- Schools as successful and sustainable organisations
Producing research that makes a difference
CRELM team members undertake research, teaching, publication and related activities with the aim of advancing theory, policy and practice at local, national and international levels. The centre employs 'fit for purpose' methods of inquiry and draws on a diverse range of theoretical perspectives, often working in inter-disciplinary partnerships.
CRELM staff are engaged in a range of national and international collaborations and advisory roles, including several strong partnerships with local schools and academies.
The centre runs two thriving Masters programmes and supports a range of PhD and EdD students.
- Seminar for advisers currently drafting the schools white paper
- 19 January 2022
- Report on how changes to education due to Covid-19 pandemic has affected school leaders
- 29 November 2021
- Discussion with Professor Andrew Townsend
- 16 November 2021
See all news