Is it for you?
To apply, you must meet both of the following criteria:
- You have seven A*–C (9–5) grades at GCSE (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- You go to a state/maintained school or college within the Midlands
To achieve ‘full’ membership and qualify for the Nottingham Potential bursary you must also meet at least two of the following criteria:
- You live in a household with an income under £35,000
- You live in an area with low progression to university. Our postcode checker can help you to identify this
- You attend a school/college with an average point score per academic entry of under 33.66
- You have a disability which affects your studies
- You are (or have been) in local authority care/looked after
Please visit our frequently asked questions page.
Can I benefit financially?
If you meet the Ambition Nottingham criteria for full membership and attend at least eight sessions, you will automatically receive the Nottingham Potential Bursary if you become a student at the University of Nottingham. This provides £1,000 per year, for each year of undergraduate study, for students who have 'Home' fee status.