The University of Nottingham's Centre for Urban Agriculture is a network of excellence to examine the potentials benefits of Urban Agriculture in the UK. The Centre brings together academics, researchers and industrialists from the fields of Biosciences, Engineering, Environment and Economics.
Key strategic targets of the Centre are:
- To increase partnership and collaborative research with both UK and international partners
- To promote and integrate urban agriculture in city planning, building standards and project design
- To support food security in urban and peri-urban agriculture
- To deliver an international conference or workshop every two years
- To develop learning and training opportunities on “Urban Agriculture”
- To produce regular publications that give an indication of their current activities and future plans in Urban Agriculture.