English Place-Name Society
The EPNS was founded in 1923 in order to carry out the Survey of English Place‑Names. It has now published more than 80 volumes in the Survey, and is established as a substantial scholarly society of international standing.
In recent years the EPNS has also published a range of volumes supplementary to the Survey, including the annual Journal, which first appeared in 1969. Here is a brief account of EPNS history.
Follow the links for enquiries about Membership, Survey Volumes and Other Publications.
For subscription and general enquiries, the EPNS can be contacted at:
Institute for Name‑Studies
School of English
University of Nottingham
Telephone: +44 (0)115 951 5919
Fax: +44 (0)115 846 7526
President: Dr Oliver Padel
Honorary Secretary: Dr Jayne Carroll
Full list of EPNS Council.