What we offer
1. Postgraduate training for a wide range of clinicians
We provide postgraduate training for a wide range of clinicians including occupational therapists, clinical psychologists, health psychologists, neuropsychologists, nurses, doctors, health economists, medical statisticians, physiotherapists, and speech and language therapists.
2. Leading faculty
Our academics are leaders in the field of rehabilitation and healthcare research.
3. Generic and tailored researcher training and support
Our students will be able to access generic training provided by the Graduate School, the School of Medicine, the N-Trans programme, the Faculty training programme, and research methods training currently offered to postgraduate taught students in the Division of Rehabilitation & Ageing.
We also offer a tailored training programme including training delivered by our funding bodies.
4. Industry links and placement opportunities
We have established connections to industry and opportunities for work experience and clinical placements.
5. Commitment to international students
- To build and deliver a world-class doctoral training programme centred in healthcare and rehabilitation research that brings together centres of expertise in academia, industry and health services
- To deliver training which is centred on the needs of each individual student, integrated with their individual research aspirations, the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences’ strategic objectives, funders, and the requirements of the healthcare and rehabilitation sector as a whole
- To graduate in excess of four occupational therapists, clinical psychologists, psychologists, health psychologists, neuropsychologists, nurses, doctors, health economists, medical statisticians, physiotherapists and speech and language therapists per annum with the fundamental, multidisciplinary and applied skills to become leaders in the emerging industry of translational healthcare and rehabilitation
Find out more
Core training programme
What our students say (videos)
CDT RHR - An evaluation of the first year
Postgraduate research in the School of Medicine