CAPT, The University of Nottingham and RoSPA are currently undertaking research on preventing unintentional injuries in childhood. They will be sending a questionnaire to all Local Authorities in England and Wales. The focus is the under 5s.
This research will:
1. Investigate how LAs are involved in child unintentional injury prevention,
2. Explore factors that are important in making decisions about prioritisation of injury prevention work, and
3. Help develop a toolkit to assist in commissioning child injury prevention programmes.
To make the toolkit useful to all LAs they want to hear from LAs that have large programmes of injury prevention work through to those that are doing less work in this area. The survey only takes 5-10 minutes to complete. All responses will be treated confidentially and individual Las will not be identified in any publications from the project. Your support would be greatly appreciated.
• Anna Chisholm, Researcher.
• Kevin Lowe, Head of Consultancy and Training Services, CAPT.
• Shelia Merrill, Public Health Advisor, RoSPA.
• Professor Denise Kendrick, Professor of Primary Care Research and General Practitioner.
• Dr Michael Watson, Associate Professor in Public Health.
• Dr Elizabeth Orton, Consultant in Public Health.
Further information: Anna Chisholm firstname.lastname@example.org