Across our UK and international campuses, The University of Nottingham is attended by over 43,000 students, with over 33,000 in the UK. Around a quarter of these are international students, coming from over 150 countries worldwide.
The University was founded as a civic college in 1881, originally in Nottingham city centre. The college relocated to the University Park location in 1928, and was awarded the Royal Charter in 1948, becoming The University of Nottingham. During this period the Midland College of Agriculture at Sutton Bonington merged with the University.
The University has continued to expand as an innovative and globally-focused centre of higher education, establishing Jubilee Campus in 2009, as well as our ground-breaking overseas campuses.
The University of Nottingham vision is to be widely recognised as the first choice of:
• students who want a top quality, international education
• researchers who want the best opportunity to make a significant global impact
• businesses that want innovative partners who give them an edge on their competition
Internationalisation at The University of Nottingham:
• 9,000 international students in the UK and over 9,000 students in Malaysia and China
• 25% of our academic staff are international
• 20% of the undergraduate cohort undertakes international mobility
• One of the UK’s largest scholarship programmes for the developing world
• 17% of published outputs are internationally co-authored
• 37% of our research income is obtained internationally
• Strategic partners in 25 countries worldwide
For further details on our values and our internationalisation activities, please see our Global Strategy 2020, and the Global University pages, which include details of our global activity and internationalisation strategy.
A wide variety of general information about The University of Nottingham is available in the about the University pages, including the following:
• Facts and figures
• Student population
• League tables
• A brief history of The University of Nottingham
• Visitor information
• Campus information
• Key dates
C Floor, YANG Fujia BuildingJubilee Campus, Wollaton RoadNottingham, NG8 1BB, UK
t: +44 (0) 115 951 5247
f: +44 (0) 115 951 5155
e: Email us
Connect with the University of Nottingham through social media and our blogs.
Campus maps | More contact information | Jobs
Browser does not support script.