We deliver a range of courses, as shown below, targeted at postgraduate researchers throughout the year.
We also offer a central programme for all students (see below) and there will be events relevant to you and your careers research.
PGR Careers Events
Researcher Careers Week
This event has now finished but you can find a list of the employers that attended on the page.
Visit the event page
Doctoral Training Programmes and faculty/school events
Our specialist senior careers adviser, Kirstin Barnard, delivers presentations and workshops at specific events as part of Doctoral Training Programmes, faculty, school or departmental training programmes.
These workshops include both Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Strong Interest Inventory. Please email us to find out more.
Career and personal development online courses
Our personal development course covers four topics:
- Myers- Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Imposter phenomenon
- Career well-being
Our career development course, Thinking Ahead - Exploring Career Options has three modules
- Module 1: Thinking About Yourself
- Module 2: Thinking About Your Options
- Module 3: Career Decisions
Ideally take this course during your first half of your research degree.
Careers events for all students
You may also want to review our events programme for all students as they maybe relevant to your situation and some of the visiting speakers have a background in research. The events programme includes:
- Job and sector insights - covering a wide range of industries and job roles
- Finding opportunities and applying - covering all aspects of the recruitment process
- Recruitment and careers fairs - meet employers with vacancies to fill
- Employer recruitment presentations - find out from employers about their job vacancies