We deliver a range of courses, as shown below, targeted at postgraduate researchers throughout the year.
We also offer a central programme for all students (see below) and there will be events relevant to you and your careers research.
PGR Careers Events
Postgraduate Funding Through Grants with Dr. Luke Blaxill - 7 November 2023, 2 - 4pm
By the end of the course, you'll be able to: identify the appropriate alternative funding bodies for you and your chosen postgraduate course, find them via books and the internet, and apply strongly and correctly.
Doctoral Training Programmes and faculty/school events
Our specialist senior careers adviser, Kirstin Barnard, delivers presentations and workshops at specific events as part of Doctoral Training Programmes, faculty, school or departmental training programmes.
These workshops include both Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Strong Interest Inventory. Please email us to find out more.
Career and personal development online courses
Our personal development course covers four topics:
- Myers- Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Imposter phenomenon
- Career well-being
Our career development course, Thinking Ahead - Exploring Career Options has three modules
- Module 1: Thinking About Yourself
- Module 2: Thinking About Your Options
- Module 3: Career Decisions
Ideally take this course during your first half of your research degree.
Careers events for all students
You may also want to review our events programme for all students as they maybe relevant to your situation and some of the visiting speakers have a background in research. The events programme includes:
- Job and sector insights - covering a wide range of industries and job roles
- Finding opportunities and applying - covering all aspects of the recruitment process
- Recruitment and careers fairs - meet employers with vacancies to fill
- Employer recruitment presentations - find out from employers about their job vacancies