Nottingham Postgraduate Advantage Award
What is it?
We have created an Advantage Award route for postgraduate students at the University. The scheme aims to help you showcase your extra-curricular activities as well as what it means to be a postgraduate student at Nottingham.
The Nottingham Postgraduate Advantage Award (NPAA) allows you to undertake a more postgraduate-focused scheme, which will fit more easily around your timetable.
Who is it for?
This pathway is for postgraduates including Masters and PhD students.
This does not include integrated Masters students as this still counts as an undergraduate degree. For example, you continue your undergraduate degree for a fourth year earning an MSc or MEng.
How does it work?
You need to apply to and pass two Advantage Award modules.
You can choose from any of the modules open to postgraduate students in the Award catalogue.
Following completion of your two modules, you will need to participate in a final presentation assessment. This usually takes place in September and will reflect on your entire masters year, which can include your Advantage Award, your course and your project/dissertation.
How do I take part?
Any University of Nottingham postgraduate student can participate by taking the following steps.
1. Apply to two Advantage Award modules
- Applications for autumn and full year modules open on 31 August and spring term modules open on 1 November.
- You choose from our Advantage Award catalogue of modules.
- Modules open to postgraduate students will be marked as follows:
- UG/PG - open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students
- PG only - open to postgraduate students only
- Application deadlines vary across modules so please check the individual module pages.
- You will be informed of the outcome of your application after the advertised deadline.
2. Apply to the Nottingham Postgraduate Advantage Award scheme
- Once accepted onto your two modules you can complete the online application form to join the scheme. The form can be found on this postgraduates page.
Apply to your two modules
Read our blog – How to boost your employability with the Advantage Award
Looking for more information?