Welcome to CFCM
The Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM) is a research centre focusing on financial markets, macro-economic cycles, consumer and corporate credit, based in the School of Economics at The University of Nottingham.
CFCM receives external funding from the UK government (BERR), research councils (ESRC), the private sector (Experian, Fitch Ratings) and charities (Nuffield Foundation, the British Academy).
CFCM research focuses on the operation of financial markets, monetary policy, household and corporate finance and macro-economic dynamics. The centre specialises in the analysis of high frequency data from markets, households and firms to understand indebtedness and financial distress.
The centre also investigates the transmission mechanisms of monetary policy through credit channels, exploring the behaviour of corporations and households when credit is constrained, and the effect of credit on house prices and business cycles.
CFCM has formed close research links with a number of similar research institutions (Institute for Fiscal Studies, EUI Finance and Consumption) and central banks (Bank of England, European Central Bank, Federal Reserve).
- Professor Paul Mizen from the School of Economics has been awarded £1.1million from the ESRC to look into the quality of management practices across UK businesses.
- 18 January 2019
- 28 October 2021 (14:00-15:15)
- Bonds vs equities: Information for investment
- 04 November 2021 (14:00-15:15)
- Capital aggregation and investment prices
- 11 November 2021 (14:00-15:15)
View a full list of our forthcoming seminars
- Markus Eberhardt and Andrea F. Presbitero
- Nezih Guner and Alessandro Ruggieri
- Stephen Millard, Margarita Rubio and Alexandra Varadi
View a full list of our discussion papers