Centre for Mathematical Medicine and Biology
The Centre for Mathematical Medicine and Biology (CMMB) is led from within the School of Mathematical Sciences and comprises members of the University of Nottingham who use mathematical methods to provide insights into biological and biomedical phenomena. We aim to promote the application of mathematical modelling to medicine and the biomedical sciences, and to stimulate multi-disciplinary research within the University and beyond.
The CMMB is an Institute Partner of the Mathematical Biosciences Institute (MBI) at Ohio State University.
The CMMB is coordinating the new UK Multi-Scale Biology Network. The network is funded by BBSRC. A conference will be held between 16-18 April 2018, for which registration is now open.
The CMMB played host to the Annual Meeting of the Society for Mathematical Biology and European Conference for Mathematical and Theoretical Biology in Summer 2016. Further details are available on the conference website. Abstracts and photos from the conference are also available.
News and Events
- Five individuals are attending the STEM for Britain event
- Elizabeth Holden has been awarded first prize at the competition
- Wednesday 7 June saw the School of Mathematical Sciences building atrium transformed into a display area, showcasing some of the excellent work from the Modelling and Analytics for a Sustainable Society (MASS) and Mathematical Medicine and Biology (MMB) groups.
See all news
- 10 - 13/06/2018
- Congress Center, France, Juan-les-Pins
- The next International Conference on Mathematical Neuroscience is being organised with the help of CMMB members.
See all events