This summer’s graduation ceremonies will take place from Wednesday 17 July until Wednesday 24 July and will see more than 6,000 of you cross the stage to receive your degree.
Each year, alongside the thousands of students who graduate from the University of Nottingham, a few notable figures are chosen to receive an honorary degree. These individuals are chosen and formally celebrated for making an outstanding contribution in their chosen professions.
There will be a few familiar faces among this year’s honorary graduates, including former University of Nottingham Vice-Chancellor Sir David Greenaway, and Henry Normal, noted writer, poet, and producer of TV series such as Gavin and Stacey, The Mighty Boosh, and Alan Partridge.
The full list of honorary graduands is as follows:
- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization
- Sir David Greenaway, former Vice-Chancellor for the University of Nottingham
- Henry Normal, writer, poet, and TV and film director
- Dr Magdalena Skipper, Editor in Chief of the world’s leading scientific journal, Nature
- Tim Gocher, founder and CEO of Dolma Foundation
- Richard Jenkins OBE, retired from HM Diplomatic Service
- Robert Bradley, former Senior Colliery Surveyor and coalmining historian
- Victor Cocker CBE, former Chief Executive of Severn Trent plc
- Baronness Lola Young OBE, Cross-Bench Peer in the House of Lords
The ceremonies will be broadcast live on the University website so you can still see your friends graduate even if they’re in a different ceremony.
Find out more about graduation on the Graduation webpages.
Posted on Thursday 11th July 2019