Tuesday, 10 December 2019
Moodle has been restored and is no longer read-only. You have access to your modules, lecture notes and most learning resources. Any updates or changes you make in Moodle will now be saved.
Students can submit assignments through their Moodle assignment dropbox. Currently, students cannot submit assignments through Turnitin – this submission assignment dropbox will not be visible.
Marks are not currently available to students. We will provide further updates when Turnitin assignments and marks are available.
If you submitted assignments between 5pm on Wednesday 4 December and 1pm on Thursday 5 December, you may be required to re-submit. You will be contacted directly if you have been affected by this by 12 noon on Wednesday 11 December.
Revised submission deadlines
We previously advised that students who were due to submit on Thursday 5 December would have a new submission deadline 24 hours after the restoration of a full, live Moodle service. Please follow the updated advice below:
- Students who submit through Moodle assignment will see their submission dropboxes and should submit by a new deadline of 5pm Wednesday 11 December
- Students who submit through Turnitin assignment will not see their submission dropbox, we’re working on restoring this and will update you when it’s live
If you were due to submit assignments - both hard copy and online - on Friday 6 December, or during the week commencing Monday 9 December, your submission deadlines have been extended as follows:
- Original deadline Friday 6 December, new deadline Friday 13 December
- Original deadline Monday 9 December, new deadline Monday 16 December
- Original deadline Tuesday 10 December, new deadline Tuesday 17 December
- Original deadline Wednesday 11 December, new deadline Wednesday 18 December
- Original deadline Thursday 12 December, new deadline Thursday 19 December
- Original deadline Friday 13 December, new deadline Friday 20 December
We recognise that term finishes for the majority of students on Friday 13 December. If you are unable to submit after Friday 13 December, please inform Student Services. The University will ensure that no student will be disadvantaged as a consequence of current issues with Moodle.
The revised submission deadlines will mean that marking schedules will also be adjusted accordingly and you may receive your marks later than originally planned.