Discover key services offered by Digital and Technology Services
Collaborate with Microsoft 365
Office 365: use it here
- Inspire, engage, collaborate across our global university
- Access all the latest Office 365 applications and install on up to five devices
- 5TB storage with Microsoft OneDrive
Repair it here
- A low-cost on campus repair service for all students
- Data recovery and hardware and screen replacements
- Virus and malware removal
- Borrow a laptop for free
Access PCs and software 24/7
- 24/7 computer rooms on campus
- Use software anytime anywhere via a Virtual Desktop
- Most course related software is available to download
Print it here
- Print, copy or scan documents from anywhere on campus, including university halls of residence
- Mobile printing from any portable device
- Free scan to email and OneDrive
- Replay recorded lectures anytime
- Access Moodle, our virtual learning environment
- Many collaborative study spaces across campuses
Get help here
- Peer to peer support from our IT tutors from day one
- Virtual and in-person help throughout term
- 24/7 telephone support
What equipment do students need for their studies?
- All students will need at least one device (a smartphone, tablet or laptop / desktop PC) to approve security requests via Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). MFA is required when accessing services such as Microsoft 365 and Windows Virtual Desktop. Our recommendation would be to use a smartphone that is compatible with the Microsoft Authenticator App.
- To support your studies, the university recommends you have a suitable laptop to work on when on or off campus.
- Other equipment such as a keyboard, mouse, webcam or external screens aren't essential but could help improve your comfort while studying.
- Some schools and departments might suggest different device specifications or recommend using additional equipment relevant to your course.
Find out more on our equipment advice page for minimum and recommended laptop specifications.
Find out more