Biography of Sir Juckes Granville Juckes-Clifton, 8th Baronet (1769-1852)
- Sir Gervase Clifton (d.1588)
- Sir Gervase Clifton, 1st Baronet (1587-1666)
- Sir Gervase Clifton, 2nd Baronet (c.1612-1676)
- Sir Clifford Clifton (1626-1670)
- Sir William Clifton, 3rd Baronet (1663-1686)
- Sir Gervase Clifton, 4th Baronet (d 1731)
- Sir Robert Clifton, 5th Baronet (1690-1762)
- Sir Gervase Clifton, 6th Baronet (1744-1815)
- Sir Robert Clifton, 7th Baronet (1767-1837)
- Sir Juckes Granville Juckes-Clifton, 8th Baronet (1769-1852)
- Sir Robert Juckes Clifton, 9th Baronet (1826-1869)
- Henry Robert Clifton, formerly Markham (1832-1896)
- Sir Hervey Juckes Lloyd Bruce, 4th Baronet (1843-1919)
- Percy Robert Clifton, formerly Bruce (1872-1944)
- Peter Thomas Clifton (1911-1996)
Juckes was the second son of Sir Gervase Clifton, 6th Baronet, and his wife Frances. He was educated at Rugby School.
In 1790 he succeeded to the estate of his great-uncle the Rev. Juckes Egerton, of Trelydon, Montgomeryshire, and assumed by Royal Licence the sole surname of Juckes. He succeeded his brother Sir Robert Clifton as 8th Baronet in 1837, and consequently took the additional surname of Clifton by Royal Licence.
He served as High Sheriff of Nottinghamshire in 1840.
Sir Juckes restored the church at Clifton at his own expense in 1852.
He married in 1794 Margaret, daughter of James de Lancy of Bath. They had no children.
He married 2ndly, in 1821, Marianne (d 1860), daughter of John Swinfen of Swinfen, Staffordshire, and had:
- Robert Juckes, later 9th Baronet
- Marianne Margaret (d 1891), m in 1842 the Rt Hon. Sir Henry Hervey Bruce, 3rd Baronet (d 1907), of Downhill, co. Londonderry, and had:
- Title deeds, settlements, estate and legal papers relating to Sir Juckes Clifton's ownership of his estates are part of the Clifton collection held in Manuscripts and Special Collections at the University of Nottingham