Getting to the Reading Room
Free hopper bus
The University runs free Hopper bus services between its main Campuses.
- There is a direct hopper bus from the main University Park campus to our location at King's Meadow campus.
- These buses run every half-hour during weekday office hours.
- The bus stops at various points around University Park, including East Drive.
- There is one bus stop at King's Meadow, right outside the main entrance and Reception.
Hopper bus timetables are available on the University website.
Other bus services
- The W1 bus stops outside King's Meadow Campus, but has limited availability. It leaves the City Centre at 0830 (last bus of the morning) and returns from King's Meadow Campus half-hourly from 1610 to 1810.
- The Trentbarton Skylink bus goes from the City to Abbey Street every 20 minutes. Then walk for 15-20 minutes, along Lenton Lane, to King's Meadow Campus.
- The L53 goes along Clifton Boulevard between Arnold and Clifton approximately every 30 minutes. Alight at the Lenton Lane footbridge, turn left onto Lenton Lane and walk for 5-10 minutes.
- Timetables are from Nottingham City Transport.
Arriving by train or taxi
- Visitors arriving by train should alight at Nottingham train station and take a bus or taxi.
- A taxi will take about 15 minutes to reach King's Meadow Campus from Nottingham city centre.
- Taxi drivers may not recognise 'King's Meadow Campus' but they should know the location if you mention 'Carlton Television Studios' (the former occupants of the site).
Arriving by car
- Maps and directions to King's Meadow Campus.
- You will need to stop at a manned security gate. State that you are visiting Manuscripts and Special Collections.
- There is a pay and display visitor's car park. Charges are: Free up to 30 minutes, £3 up to 2 hours, £5 up to 4 hours, and £7 for all day.
Arriving by bicycle
- King's Meadow Campus is well served by cycle paths. For route maps, see the Cycling in Nottingham page on the Nottingham City Council website.
- Cycle racks are available at the campus, just beyond the main entrance to Reception.
Arriving by tram
- The closest tram stop to King's Meadow Campus is Gregory Street on the Hucknall-Toton Lane line, which passes through the city centre and Nottingham Railway Station. Trams run every 7 to 15 minutes.
- From the Gregory Street stop, walk for 10 minutes, along Lenton Lane, to King's Meadow Campus.
Next page: Regulations and registration