Composites Manufacture Centre for Doctoral Training

 
  

The EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Composites (CIMComp) was established in 2011, offering over 72 places to lead in the development of next-generation composites manufacturing processes and to further their fundamental research for composite manufacturing.

Programme overview


The Engineering Doctorate (EngD) in Composites Manufacture is a four-year doctorate programme for researchers who aspire to hold key leadership positions in industry. With the chance to work with 32 industrial partners, students will gain useful networking opportunities to advance in the field of composite manufacturing.

The programme has been granted £5.2 million by the Engineering and Physical Science Research Council (EPSRC), led by The University Of Nottingham and working with three other academic institutions: Cranfield University, University of Bristol and the University of Manchester

Research Engineers spend 75% of their time at their sponsoring company carrying out their industrially focused research project, while the remaining 25% of their time is allocated to completing bespoke taught units, which are specifically tailored to the needs of the composites manufacturing engineer.

Funding


Studentships include paid Home/EU tuition fees and a tax-free annual stipend (£13,726 in 2014).

Entry requirements


Candidates are normally expected to have obtained at least an upper-second-class degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate discipline.

How to apply


To view current vacancies and apply you will need to visit the CIMComp website.

 
 
 

Disclaimer
This online prospectus has been drafted in advance of the academic year to which it applies. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information is accurate at the time of publishing, but changes (for example to course content) are likely to occur given the interval between publishing and commencement of the course. It is therefore very important to check this website for any updates before you apply for the course where there has been an interval between you reading this website and applying.

Contact

Get in touch: 
Find out about our research
profile / video
 
 
f:    

Student Recruitment Enquiries Centre

The University of Nottingham
King's Meadow Campus
Lenton Lane
Nottingham, NG7 2NR

t: +44 (0) 115 951 5559
w: Frequently asked questions
Make an enquiry