Application deadline: Friday 10 February 2023
Power your research with our China Scholarship Council Research Excellence Scholarship, covering tuition fees and a monthly living allowance, in partnerships with the China Scholarship Council.
In 2022 we are offering scholarships with 100% of tuition fees covered by the University of Nottingham and a stipend of £1,200 per month for living expenses including healthcare insurance from the China Scholarship Council. The China Scholarship Council will also cover the costs of your air travel between China and the UK. Please note these conditions are subject to CSC updates, please check the China Scholarship Council website for the most up to date terms and conditions.
These scholarships are open to high-achieving international students from China studying a three-year PhD course with an additional year to prepare your thesis.
You can apply for this scholarship if you:
- are a Chinese national
- meet the requirements of the China Scholarship Council
- are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes
- hold an unconditional offer to start a full-time PhD course in any subject area at University of Nottingham UK with a start date that falls on or between 1 October 2023 and 1 February 2024
- identify a CSC authorised unit to process your CSC stipends application*
Applicants with conditional offers may be considered providing you have already met all English language requirements such as IELTS or TOEFL.
* expansion at the bottom under the “China Scholarship Council Conditions” section: “*China Scholarship Council will not process individual applications, applicants will therefore need to identify the authorised unit that will be handling their applications. The list of authorised units can be found on the CSC website
How to apply
Apply through NottinghamHub
You must apply for and receive an offer to study a full-time PhD before applying for this scholarship.
Search for PhD opportunities and find out how to apply.
When you have received an offer to study with us, and met any English language conditions on the offer, you can apply through the scholarships section of our application system, NottinghamHub.
Applications will close at midnight (UK time) on 10 February 2023.
You must also make an application to the China Scholarship Council if you are shortlisted by the University of Nottingham. Successful candidates will only be granted the tuition fee scholarship if both the University of Nottingham and the China Scholarship Council select you to receive funding, i.e. you must be successful with the stipend application to the China Scholarship Council to receive the tuition fee scholarship from the University of Nottingham.
China Scholarship Council conditions
Please note the China Scholarship Council will not process individual applications, applicants will therefore need to identify the authorised unit that will be handling their applications. The list of authorised units can be found on CSC website.
For detailed guidance, see the China Scholarship Council website.
Offered by International Student Recruitment, in partnership with the China Scholarship Council.
Search funding opportunities