The application deadline has now passed
Receive funding for 100% of your tuition fees, plus return airfare to the UK from your country of residence, a maintenance award and additional allowances.
The University of Nottingham is delighted to offer seven Commonwealth Shared Scholarships, in partnership with the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK. These scholarships are co-funded by the UK's Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and the University of Nottingham.
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- be a Commonwealth Citizen, refugee or British protected person
- be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country (see below)
- be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the academic year in September 2022
- meet the entry requirements for the specific course, as detailed on our website
- have made a complete application to the University of Nottingham by the Commonwealth Application deadline (please note, only students with offers for the relevant degree course can be shortlisted)
- be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
You must not have studied or worked for an academic year (or more) in a high income country.
Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, The Gambia, Ghana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
How to apply
We would strongly recommend that you apply for your chosen course (of those listed above) as soon as possible, to ensure eligible students are made offers.
You can apply for the scholarship through the Commonwealth Scholarships website.
Applications for 2022 entry are now closed. Applications typically open in November.
Commonwealth Scholarships website
The scholarship has helped make what seemed to be an impossible professional dream come to reality. Life will never be the same again for me.
Offered by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
Search funding opportunities