The application deadline has now passed
Prepare for a career in STEM with a postgraduate award from the Grundy Educational Trust.
These scholarships offer a contribution of between £1,200 and £4,500 towards tuition fees for masters or PhD courses in science.
This year, the University of Nottingham has been invited to offer five postgraduate student awards.
To apply for this award, you must:
- be intending to pursue a course leading to a career in a STEM (technology or science based) discipline in industry, commerce or the professions
- be a citizen or resident of the UK, with the ability to show that you are in need of financial assistance to fund your maintenance costs
- hold an offer to start a full-time postgraduate degree (masters or PhD) at the University of Nottingham
The Trust gives the following as some of the factors which influence selections:
- Direct relevance of the course to career prospects
- Candidate's motivation to study the course
- Strong academic record
- Involvement in non-student activities and in the workplace
You will only be considered if you have a demonstrable financial need, and will need to provide precise and accurate financial information in terms of income and expenditure.
How to apply
Grundy Educational Trust
You must apply for and receive an offer to study a full-time masters or PhD course before applying for this award. Search for courses and find out how to apply.
When you have received your offer to study with us, you will then need to:
- read the award regulations (MS Word)
- sign up at eu.jotform.com to be able to complete the application form
- complete the application form
- attach references (or provide contact details for two referees) as a statement of support from a former tutor or the prospective course leader or supervisor (this must be on university-headed paper and have an original signature)
We advise you to keep your financial requirement under £4,500 when completing the form.
If you apply without all the documentation listed above, you will not be put forward for consideration. You must also be able to demonstrate financial need. The application form must be completed by 5pm (UK time) on Wednesday 6 April 2022.
A university panel will select the five applications to put forward to the Grundy Educational Trust. The Trust will then notify the university of the applicants invited to interview by 11 May 2022.
Interviews are usually in person (though were moved online in 2020). You must be able to attend a virtual interview (via Zoom) on Friday 17 June 2022 and should let the Trust know if you can no longer make it.
Offered by the Grundy Educational Trust
Search funding opportunities