Application deadline: Friday 29 October 2021
The Saïd Foundation funding programme provides fully funded scholarships for students at partner universities, including the University of Nottingham.
This includes 100% of masters tuition fees, full maintenance costs for the duration of your course, an arrival allowance, visa and healthcare surcharge fees and one economy return flight.
The Saïd Foundation Masters Scholarship supports educational opportunities and career development for students and young professionals who have been recognised for their leadership potential.
This scholarship is designed to enable you to achieve impact in your professional field and ultimately bring benefits to others in your home country.
To apply for this scholarship, you must hold Syrian, Palestinian, Lebanese or Jordanian nationality.
Priority is given to candidates who are resident in the foundation's target countries of Syria, Palestine (including Palestinians inside Israel), Lebanon and Jordan. The foundation will consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in Syria.
You must also:
- hold an undergraduate degree that is equivalent to a UK 2:1 or higher at the time of applying
- demonstrate leadership potential in your chosen field or sector
- have applied for an eligible full-time masters course at the University of Nottingham UK
- have work experience relevant to your field of study and a clear career path on completion of your studies and return to your home country or region – if you don't have work experience, the foundation will consider experience gained from voluntary or community activities or participation in activities while at university
- meet the foundation's English language requirements of IELTS 6.0 (at least 6.0 in each element) – some courses may have higher requirements which you will need to meet and provide evidence for
Priority will be given to candidates who hold existing teaching posts at universities in their home country and who can clearly demonstrate the need for the proposed research in their home country.
Successful candidates are required to sign a binding agreement to apply the skills and knowledge they have gained in the foundation's target countries.
Full scholarship details and eligibility criteria are available on the Saïd Foundation website.
How to apply
Full scholarship details
You must apply for an eligible full-time masters course before applying for this scholarship. Search for courses and find out how to apply.
When you have applied to study with us, you can apply for the scholarship through the Saïd Foundation website. Applications are typically open during September and October for scholarships in the following academic year, and the application deadline will be published on the website each year.
Offered by the Saïd Foundation, in partnership with the University of Nottingham.
Search funding opportunities