Find out the latest news from the Rights Lab Beacon of Excellence.
Back to the top
- A new evidence briefing, jointly released today by the office of the Independent Anti-Slavery Commissioner and the University of Nottingham's Rights Lab, finds poor reporting and low levels of action by the UK agricultural sector on modern slavery.
- Wednesday 15th August 2018
- A team from the University of Nottingham has worked on the government response assessment for the new edition of the Global Slavery Index, which was launched today at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
- Thursday 19th July 2018
- Dr Akilah Jardine, a Research Associate in the Rights Lab, is carrying out research into hand car washes (HSWs). This type of set-up has attracted a lot of attention in the UK over recent months as investigations by law enforcement bodies have unearthed numerous labour, employment, health and safety, and environment violations.
- Friday 29th June 2018
- Dr Alison Gardner from the Rights Lab at the University of Nottingham has picked up a national award for her work in helping to tackle modern slavery in Nottingham.
- Friday 16th March 2018