The Centre is involved in various types of events, including:
- workshops for local primary schools in our Vikings and Anglo-Saxons for Schools project
- organising the annual Midlands Viking Symposium in conjunction with the Universities of Birmingham and Leicester. This is a one-day conference on current research aimed at anyone who is interested
- our intermittent Norse and Viking Seminar, which provides a forum for academic discussion
- organising one-off conferences such as The Viking World (2016)
- regular reading and discussion groups
Impact of the coronavirus on work placements, field trips and volunteering
We work with a range of organisations to provide work placements, field trips and volunteer opportunities. As you'll appreciate they are all disrupted by the coronavirus pandemic.
We expect opportunities to run as usual from the academic year 2021/22 but this cannot be guaranteed. We will do our best to arrange suitable activities as previous students always tell us how vauable these opportunities are.
Our Careers and Employment Service have arranged online work experience opportunities that you can do from home including internships, placements, insights and vacation schemes.
Check back soon to find out about upcoming events
You can find out more about past events organised by the CSVA and its members in our events archive.
Seminars and reading groups
Public outreach events
Back to top