Welcome to the International Centre for Public and Social Policy
The International Centre for Public and Social Policy (icPSP) brings together academics, researchers and postgraduate students from a range of disciplines, but who share an interest in the policy dimension of some of the major issues faced by contemporary societies.
With a focus on global social justice, members of the centre undertake research on a number of social and public policy developments at local, regional, national and transnational level. The activities of the icPSP include high-impact publications and events; academic teaching and professional training; and engagement with policy-makers, practitioners and local communities.
- To conduct rigorous and innovative policy research of national and international relevance, with a positive social, policy and economic impact
- To engage with a diverse audience of users, practitioners, voluntary sector organisations and policy makers, helping shape public debates and policy reforms
- To be a recognised forum of excellence, discussing current issues and identifying future trends for the consumption of journalists, politicians, senior professionals and the wider public
- To link with partners within the UK and around the world, promoting knowledge exchange and an interdisciplinary, multi-agency approach to global challenges
- To support the development of researchers and research students to become the next generation of leading public and social policy experts
- To promote Public Policy and Social Policy as academic disciplines and taught subjects, leading on inclusive teaching practices and working in collaboration with professional and educational organisations
There are currently no upcoming events.
- The journal Social Policy and Society - hosted by the icPSP (international centre for Public and Social Policy) - has launched its first online themed collection.
- 14 April 2021
- This online event (25-26 May) will bring together researchers and practitioners from across Europe, in order to discuss best practice of inclusion, engagement, practical and emotional support for migrant and refugee students, focusing in particular on the new challenges created by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 24 February 2021
- From January 2021, the International Centre for Public and Social Policy is hosting the journal 'Social Policy and Society' (SPS), with Dr Ruby Chau and Dr Alessio D'Angelo as Editors.
- 27 January 2021