Welcome to the International Centre for Public and Social Policy
The International Centre for Public and Social Policy (icPSP) brings together academics, researchers and postgraduate students from a range of disciplines, but who share an interest in the policy dimension of some of the major issues faced by contemporary societies.
With a focus on global social justice, members of the centre undertake research on a number of social and public policy developments at local, regional, national and transnational level. The activities of the icPSP include high-impact publications and events; academic teaching and professional training; and engagement with policy-makers, practitioners and local communities.
- To conduct rigorous and innovative policy research of local, national and international relevance, with a positive social, policy and economic impact
- To engage with a diverse audience of policy users, practitioners, voluntary sector organisations and policy makers, helping shape public debates and policy reforms
- To be a recognised forum of international excellence, discussing current issues and identifying future trends for the benefit of practitioners, policy-makers, journalists, and the wider public
- To link with partners within the UK and around the world, promoting knowledge exchange and an interdisciplinary, multi-agency approach to global challenges
- To support the development of researchers and research students to become the next generation of leading public and social policy experts
- To promote public policy and social policy as academic disciplines and taught subjects, leading on inclusive teaching practices and working in collaboration with professional and educational organisations
There are currently no upcoming events.
- This British Academy funded project targets early-career researchers from excluded communities from Bangladesh, Bhutan and Nepal with reflexive training in academic writing and opportunities in publishing to aid academic entry and career advancement.
- 16 March 2023
- Dr Ruth Lucas will be delivering a pre-conference workshop with Craig Gurney exploring the big questions and key skills in housing education, teaching and presentation
- 06 March 2023