CiNERGY: Smart cities with sustainable energy systems
Called CiNERGY this Marie Curie International Training Network (ITN) project is training young scientists to develop urban decision-making and urban energy system models that help decision makers to maximise energy efficiency and renewable energy integration toward a low carbon urban future.
The ITN is a highly multi-disciplinary coordinated PhD programme in which training is structured to provide a balanced combination of theory and practical application. Thus, the ITN is a collaborative between six leading academic research centres and four of the leading energy and software technology companies in the industry.
The decision support tools developed during this project will be applied to two distinct cities, Geneva and Vienna, which were chosen as case study cities based on their ambitious sustainability goals.
- Funder: European Commission
- Programme: Marie Curie International Training network
- Duration: 2014 - 2017
- Funding: 270k Euros
- ePad Personnel: Prof. Darren Robinson
- Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences [HFT Stuttgart]: Coordinator
- University College Dublin
- Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
- Politecnico di Torino
- Technical University of Vienna
- Wien Energie