The Precision Manufacturing Centre have some of the most advanced precision manufacturing machines in the world managed by a team of expert engineers. We support the complete manufacturing lifecycle including digital engineering, component manufacture, high precision assembly and verification and inspection.
Our capabilities allow us to manufacture a range of challenging components in the approriate material to micron (0.001mm) level precision. Our skilled technicians have many years' experience of taking customer drawings (or sample parts) and delivering completed components on time and to specification.
- High Precision CNC Milling and Turning
- Electro Wire and Beam Erosion
- Rapid Prototyping
- Micro Injection Moulding
- Positioning accuracies of ±0.5µm
- ≤0.1µm Ra surface finish capability for many materials
- Maximum repeat accuracy in a working space of 300 x 300mm
- Measurement of 3D form to 0.1µm precision
- Measurement of nanometre (0.001µm) scale 3D surface roughness
- Measurement and conditioning of nano-scale surfaces
Design and Prototyping
- Product re-design for cost-effective micro-manufacturing
- Product design and performance analysis
- Small batch product prototyping