SERVICES FOR BUSINESS
The PMC offers consultancy, contract manufacture and measurements services to manufacturing companies operating in the UK, at a competitive rate. SMEs may qualify for no cost technical projects through our ERDF schemes.
Please see the Aerospace UP and Driving Research & Innovation pages for further details on our ERDF projects and how to apply.
We have unrivalled expertise in product design and engineering, contract manufacturing and bespoke tooling development. We support our customers with training and after care.
- Manufacture of product prototypes.
- Small batch manufacture of products.
- Development and building of new manufacturing systems/processes.
- Improvement of current machines/processes through the integration of new sensors, process control intelligence and interface to PLM.
- Development of integrated manufacturing systems.
- Product design optimisation for improved manufacturability.
- Product redesign for cost effective micro-manufacturing by reducing the number of subcomponents.
- Product design and performance analysis.
- Small batch product prototyping.
Verification and Validation
- Contract measurement services, e.g. part geometry, part features and others.
- Expert witness services - assurance on product/process quality.
- Scanning Electron Microscopy with natural state capability.
Collaborative Research and Development
- Funding through UK and EU funding mechanisms.
- Contract-based/Project-based R&D work.
Training and Staff Development
- Training on the use of specific machines.
- Manufacturing process training.
- Awareness courses on advanced manufacturing technologies and its implications.
- Evaluation and optimisation of current manufacturing processes.
- Product redesign for cost effective manufacture.
- Manufacturing systems redesign for optimised performance.
- Development of specific manufacturing process techniques and the transfer of this know-how through training and staff development programme.
- Development/optimisation/verification CAD/CAM models.
- FEA modelling and simulation of specific manufacturing processes.