Driving Research and Innovation
Driving Research and Innovation (DR&I) is a three-year project helping Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire SMEs to improve their innovation culture and productivity through free access and support from our world-class expertise and facilities.
Access to specialist innovation support
The University of Nottingham is now offering free support through workshops, collaborative research, development projects and consultancy services for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) funded ‘Driving Research and Innovation’ project until December 2022. We aim to help companies to develop new products, processes and services, and to expand their existing internal and external supply chain capabilities.
This support provides access to the latest manufacturing technology and expertise including:
- Confidential advice on product design and manufacturing process improvement
- Access to try out state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment supported by expert engineers
- Support for securing further funding for design and development
- Increase awareness and adoption of digital manufacturing technologies that can improve business productivity and innovation
The PMC provides world class expertise and cutting-edge technologies to help businesses create, develop and produce high-value, high-quality pioneering products. We can assist in a large variety of industries and projects, using our expertise in areas such as:
- Ultra-Precision Complex Engineering -
3, 4, 5 Axis Milling, Turning & EDM
- Mould Tool Design
- Rapid Prototyping
- Precision Engineering
- Toolmaking — Mould & Press
- CNC Programming
- Ultra-Precision Metrology
- Automated Assembly
- Product Design
- Design for Manufacture
- Measurement Reporting
- Microscopy — Optical/SEM
To find out more or to discuss working with us, please get in touch - we'd love to hear from you.