• Print
Schools and Colleges Liaison FAQs

Schools and Colleges Liaison FAQs

We have provided some answers to questions that we frequently get asked about the service that we provide:

Who should I contact about schools and colleges liaison at the University of Nottingham?
We have two different teams that are able to offer a range of services
for you and your students. If you are at a state maintained school or college within the East Midlands area then please contact our Widening Participation team, for any other schools or colleges please contact our Schools and Colleges Liaison team.

How much do these activities cost?

All activities offered by the Schools and Colleges Liaison team and the Widening Participation team are free, there might be some costs attached to activities that we advertise out on behalf of our faculty contacts.


How far do you travel?

We travel throughout the UK, please contact our Schools and Colleges Liaison team for events nationally and our Widening Participation team for events across the East Midlands.


How can my students make their application stand out?

The applications that your students make to the University are carefully reviewed by our admissions team, the personal statement is one of the main ways that students can stand out from other applicants.

If you would like us to visit you to deliver a personal statement session for your students, then please contact us.


Do you run conferences for careers advisers and teachers?

Yes we do – we run one on campus which covers a wide range of subject areas, designed to provide you with a bit more information about the University.

We also run one in London with the University of Birmingham, this is a slightly smaller event but provides you with an overview of the higher education landscape and further information about course areas.

Click here for further information about the conferences that we run.


Can you come into school and talk about Engineering/Medicine/History etc. to our pupils?

This is a service that the Schools and Colleges Liaison team may be able to provide, depending on requirements, please get in touch with that team to organise.

Unfortunately the Widening Participation team is not able to facilitate these requests.

We advertise events on behalf of our faculty contacts, so please contact us if you would like to be on the mailing list. We also have a web page with information about what individual departments can offer
Do you offer activities for students studying on an access or vocational course?
Our Widening Participation team offer a variety of activities for students studying an access course or vocational course within the East Midlands.  Please visit our dedicated webpage for further