The University of Nottingham is a popular destination for Chevening Scholars and is proud to support Chevening Scholarships, the UK's global masters scholarship programme for outstanding scholars with leadership potential.
Applications for Chevening Scholarships in the 2018/19 academic year are now closed. Applications for 2019/20 will open in August 2018.
What are Chevening Scholarships?
- Chevening Scholarships are the UK government's global scholarship programme for potential future leaders, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
- Chevening Scholarships are available to students from over 160 countries worldwide (excluding the USA and European Union).
- Chevening Scholarships are typically awarded for a one year taught masters degree at universities across the UK. Scholarships cover tuition fees, living allowance and return airfare from your home country to the UK.
- Chevening Scholars and former Scholars form an influential global network, including over 46,000 Chevening alumni worldwide.
Chevening Scholars at Nottingham share their experiences on our International Student Life blog
Who is eligible to apply for Chevening Scholarships?
To apply for a Chevening Scholarships you must have:
- a degree of a good standard
- at least two years' work experience (including voluntary experience)
- a high standard of English language
- leadership and networking skills
- commitment to work in your home country for at least two years after completing your masters degree
Full details of eligibility criteria and eligible countries are available on the Chevening Scholarships website.
Why study at The University of Nottingham?
The University of Nottingham is a world-class university with a global reputation for academic excellence, ground-breaking research and employability:
- Ranked as a world top 100 University*
- Ranked 8th in the UK for research power**
- Rated 'gold' for undergraduate teaching and learning in the UK's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- University of the Year for Graduate Employment in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- A founder member of the UK's prestigious Russell Group
- A truly global university with links to more than 300 partner universities in over 40 countries worldwide
- Excellent careers support and development opportunities: find out how we can help your career
- Award-winning campuses in a great historical city in central England, only two hours from London by train
- A great student experience with a wide variety of student societies and sports opportunities
*QS World University Rankings
**Research Excellence Framework 2014
Find out more: 10 things you need to know about studying at Nottingham