Centre for the Study of Subversion, Unconventional Interventions and Terrorism
The Centre for the Study of Subversion, Unconventional Interventions and Terrorism (SUIT) was launched in the autumn of 2021.
The centre builds on the work of the school's previous Centre for Conflict, Security and Terrorism.
SUIT brings together unrivalled expertise on security challenges below the threshold of warfare. This includes, but is not limited, to:
- the relationship between conventional and unconventional capabilities, including the adaptation of conventional armed forces to face current threats
- special forces
- proxy warfare
- covert action, secrecy and deniability
- propaganda, disinformation and influence operations
- state relations with Violent Non State Actors.
SUIT seeks to advance the study of international conflict and competition in the grey zone, whilst also informing policy and public debate. Its members, many of whom take a historically-informed perspective, are internationally recognised experts in their fields and have much collective experience in sharing their research with international practitioners as well as the general public.
If you woud like to keep up to date with our news and events please join our mailing list.
- Hosted by Hatchard's, England's oldest bookshop.
- 26 May 2023
- Project examining the British use of Black Propaganda in the Second World War.
- 19 April 2023