Join up Today!
Member get Member initiative
Introduce a new member to Unite and get up to £25 worth of Love2shop vouchers.
Why Join Unite the Union?
- You can get a better deal – Unite negotiates terms of maternity or paternity leave, pensions, and redundancy winning you more than the legal minimum.
- You are less likely to be injured – there are 50 percent fewer accidents in unionised workplaces. Unite works to ensure employers protect employees from risks to their health and safety.
- Support whenever you need it – Without the backing of a union you could face £1,200 in fees should you need to take your employer to a tribunal. Unite gives free advice, support and legal representation to all its members so they never have to face problems alone.
- In or out of work, there is a place for you – Unite Community offers a place for all those out of work, studying or retired - meaning that you are always part of something bigger.
- You get more - and better - training – union members are more likely to get on with better training and development. Unite has fully trained learning reps to help you update your skills.
- You can get better compensation – in 2013, a record £330 million was won for union members and their families through legal help, and £1 million in equal pay claims - an average of £15,000 per member.
- Better job security – trade union members are more likely to stay in their jobs longer - on average, five years more than non-members.
- Being part of the fight for fairness - from defending our NHS to fighting for decent homes to campaigning against discrimination.
Ready to join?
Join online now