Our modern, purpose-built facilities are based at Sutton Bonington Campus.
With access to a 1000-acre campus, University Dairy Farm and local clinical associates. Used for both teaching and research, our school has technology at its core, with teaching materials accessed online through our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
Sutton Bonington Campus also hosts student-led events, societies and sports. There are also great links to the city and our other campuses for you to explore.
- Lecture theatre and large seminar room
- Small-group teaching rooms
- Research facilities and laboratories
- Specialist facilities - anaerobic/microbiology, RNA and radioisotope laboratories
- A large anatomy laboratory
- Surgery suite
- Teaching laboratories
- Seminar rooms
- A large clinical skills laboratory
- Clinical skills rooms
- Animal facilities
- 16 stables for veterinary student horses*
- An indoor menage and a student smallholding
- Exotic smallholding
- University Dairy Farm
- Sheep and pig facilities
*You may bring a horse, if there is room in our school stables. We do expect your horse to be suitable for use in equine practicals in return, as stated in your contract. Stables are offered on a first-come first-served basis and if places are not filled they are offered to students on different courses. Livery costs from £32 per week, dependant on season.
We cannot accommodate any other pets in the vet school. Pets are not allowed in University accommodation.
We have a community of local Clinical Associates who help us deliver placements, teaching and research. This helps us offer a range of animal learning and research.
Off-campus shops and amenities