The School of Veterinary Medicine and Science is a vibrant academic environment, home to cutting-edge research, state-of-the-art facilities and specialist technical support.
Our community includes internationally recognised academics and research leaders. They’re involved in high quality research that advances scientific understanding of their field, as well as bringing significant benefits to society and the economy.
Growing our research community
We’re keen to attract potential research leaders from around the world who would like to develop their careers at the University of Nottingham. We welcome applications from exceptional researchers wishing to hold an Independent Research Fellowship within our school.
We particularly encourage applications in areas that will enhance our cross-disciplinary and collaborative research programmes.
Our Fellowship Development Programme
We’re committed to the career development of our research fellows. So, we’ll support you not only through your fellowship, but also in progressing to the next stage of your career, which could be a more senior fellowship or permanent academic position.
As part of this, we’ve created a specialist development programme, giving you opportunities, facilities and guidance. It includes:
- support with your fellowship application from experienced academic and administrative staff who can help you find appropriate funding, review your application and arrange mock interviews
- mentoring during your fellowship from a senior academic, including one-to-one support, guidance on grant writing and independent advice on career progression
- professional development opportunities, including University training schemes, the chance to develop your teaching skills and opportunities to supervise PhD studentships with more experienced academic staff
- cutting-edge facilities, equipment, laboratories and technical support
- access to specialist research management support
- the chance to get involved with interdisciplinary collaborations through our strategic research areas, global research priority areas and cross-faculty centres and initiatives
- access to internal funding to pump-prime the development of new international collaborations or research ideas
Get in touch
If you’re interested in joining our research community, please get in touch.
We’re always happy to discuss opportunities, whether you’re thinking of applying for a fellowship or you’ve already secured fellowship funding but would like to develop your career here in Nottingham.