You've told us you want to see change, and how you can help us achieve it.
Using your feedback, since 2018 we've:
- Installed 10 new water fountains across campus. Find a fountain on campus with our interactive map
- Introduced a 20p levy on disposable hot drinks cups, with proceeds reinvested into waste reduction initiatives raising more than £68,000
- Introduced a discount to people if they bring their own reusable cup
- Started to sell reusable hot drink cups at our catering outlets at a cheaper (subsidised) price – selling 1,174 KeepCups
- Replaced plastic straws with paper ones in University-owned catering outlets (with bendy straws available on request)
- Started the WasteNott fund, supporting staff and student projects on and off campus
- Improved recycling provision and standards on campus so our waste is dealt with more effectively
BUT…Our aim is to get the latte levy down to zero and have all our drinks served in reusable cups – can you help?
Find out more below about how we're taking action against single-use plastics and unnecessary waste.
Reducing hot drink cups
Reducing plastic bottles
Reducing straws and cutlery