Benign Fiesta: Wyndham Lewis's Texts, Contexts, and Aesthetics
Registration and refreshments will be available from 12pm on Monday 11th September in the Highfield House Cloisters, building no.10 on the campus map (pdf)
. There is also the main visitors’ car park adjacent to the School of Economics building (no 16, on the campus map).
Getting to University Park Campus
- Directions to University Park campus can be found on the Useful Information page.
- The nearest train station to the campus is Beeston. There aren't always taxis outside in the taxi rank, but you can book one through Beeston Cable Cars: +44 (0)115 9229229. The fare is about £5-6 to Ancaster Hall.
- If you are coming from Nottingham station, there are plenty of black cabs/Hackney cars outside the station. It is around £10 from Nottingham to campus, depending on traffic.
- Alternatively, from Nottingham station you can use the tram, heading towards Toton Lane. Tickets are £2.20 each way and the tram runs every ten minutes or so. The journey to campus takes about ten minutes. Make sure you buy a ticket from the machine before you get on the tram. Use the ‘University Boulevard’ stop (the one after ‘Nottingham University’), cross the road and follow the road around to your left until you reach the West Entrance. Follow the footpath towards central zone leading up to the Trent Building (with the Clock Tower).
- Continue walking up the footpath until you reach the car parks situated to your left and directly ahead of you. On your right you will see the entrance to the Great Hall, which you continue to walk past under the archway and into the courtyard. As you enter the North entrance located on the opposite side as the Trent Clock Tower, take the stairs (ahead and left) up to B floor and walk through the doors on your left over the bridge way. At the end of the path turn left and Highfeld House will be situated on the left as you walk slightly ahead.
- For airport transfers, we suggest you use DG Cars or Cable Cars.
Checking-in to your Campus Accommodation
- Guests staying in campus accommodation may arrive and check-in from 3pm (closest to the North Entrance on the campus map). Please follow signs to the Architecture Building (no. 14 on the campus map) and you will find Lenton and Wortley Halls adjacent to this building.
- If you are due to arrive earlier, your keys might be ready, otherwise there will be somewhere for you to leave your bags until you can check-in.
Internet, phone, and other facilities on campus
- There are wireless facilities within the halls of residence, Hotel and the main campus buildings. Information about connecting to the wireless can be found on the UoN-guest Wi-Fi page.
- The number of the conference phone is: +44 (0) 7773 198836. The phone will be active throughout the conference between 8am and 8pm for all queries.
- Just a tip: our campus has many gardens, including a 1930s garden near Lenton Hall, a Chinese garden on Cripps Hill, the Millennium garden to the back of the Orchard’s hotel and a little walled garden between the Trent Building and Highfield House (no. 12 on the campus map). If the weather is nice, these are well worth a visit.
- There is a Boots chemist and Blackwells bookshop on campus, as well as a Costa and Starbucks coffee shop. There are also several banks and cash machines. All are located in the Portland building (no. 15 on the campus map).
Further details about the facilities on campus can be found in this Useful Information guide
Back to top