Published three times a year, the Human Rights Law Centre Newsletter highlights current and forthcoming projects and events at the centre including high-profile guest visits, conferences and training courses.
If you would like to receive an electronic or hard copy of our newsletter, or receive news of forthcoming activities, please send an email to one of our administrative staff.
Spring 2017 (Issue 19)
This issue of the newsletter provides updates of HRLC projects and events from September 2016 up until March 2017. Highlights of this edition include HRLC's Annual Lecture 2017 delivered by the Director of Liberty Martha Spurrier on Hate, hostility and human rights in a post-Brexit world, and the launch of the Cooperation and Judicial Assistance Database in the Hague.
Furthermore, updates from HRLC's International Criminal Justice Unit, International Humanitarian Law Unit, Economic and Social Rights Unit and Business and Human Rights Unit are included as well as the latest research done for the EU Agency for Fundamental Rights.
Further articles cover, among others:
- a panel discussion on gender-based violence
- a talk by Professor Sarah Joseph on sports and human rights
- a two-day workshop on business, human rights and security
- the final stages of the FRAME research project
- activities undertaken for Human Rights Day 2016
- the IHL Annual Lecture delivered by Professor Eyal Benvenisti
- an overview of the 2016 AHRI Conference
Read this issue online or download the PDF version.