The Skin Integrity Research Centre welcomes and encourages potential postgraduate students to contact us to discuss their proposed research projects. Please contact Professor Judith Tanner if you would like to talk through your proposal.
Suggested topics include (but aren’t limited to):
- Development of a children’s outcome measure for primary lymphoedema
- Validation of thermography for the early detection of cellulitis in lymphoedema patients
- A cost effectiveness evaluation of a national implementation of chronic oedema care pathways
- Development and validation of a self-management patient outcome measure for lymphoedema treatment
- Evaluation of over-the-counter and patient expenses in managing lymphoedema and chronic oedema in the UK (Lymphorac study)
- Development of a clinically meaningful outcome measure for assessment in chronic oedema trials
- Development of psychosocial interventions for people with chronic oedema
- Evaluation of self-management strategies in patients with chronic oedema
- Interventions to prevent surgical site infections (human factors and design)
- The cost of surgical site infections
- Improving compliance with interventions to prevent surgical site infections
- Educational interventions for improving knowledge of skin cancer and in particular keratinocyte carcinoma
Working with industry
We also support a number of students undertaking Knowledge Transfer Partnerships. Visit our working with industry page to find out more.