The Horizon My Life in Data Centre for Doctoral Training equips a community of PhD students with the interdisciplinary skills to drive the digital identity and personal data agenda for the 21st century. Our aim is to train people to work in multi-disciplinary teams, ready to become future leaders in industry, the third sector and academia.
Our students also work closely with world leading industry and international partners through supervision, internships, access to resources and expertise and sponsorship. You will join an established programme led by Professor Steve Benford, an EPSRC Dream Fellow, Visiting Researcher at Microsoft, the BBC’s first Visiting Professor, and the recipient of four BAFTA nominations; and Professor Sarah Sharples, Associate Dean for Research in the Faculty of Engineering, who led the Human Factors Research Group to the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors President’s medal in 2013.
We are interested in students from a wide variety of backgrounds including computer science, engineering, mathematics, human factors, psychology, sociology, business, geography, social science and the arts, providing they have an excellent first degree and can demonstrate an enthusiasm for interdisciplinary research. The minimum entry requirement is a 2.1 undergraduate degree and English language IELTS average score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any element.
You will benefit from:
• A fully-funded four year PhD programme that integrates a leading-edge research project with research training in interdisciplinary skills.
• At least one internship with one of our partners.
• An enhanced stipend of £16,800 per annum as well as a personal laptop and additional facilities and resources to support your study.
• A cohort of high achieving PhD researchers.
• A world class research environment with a proven track record of successful Horizon CDT graduates
Horizon CDT PhD in partnership with the BBC, Computer Scientists needed
Horizon CDT PhD general advert, open to all disciplines.
Posted on Friday 10th November 2017