Workshops and groups
The University Counselling Service is currently offering workshops online via MS Teams.
To contact us about groups and / or workshops, please email: UCSworkshops@nottingham.ac.uk
Our self-help material may also be of use and be found here
There are a number of groups and workshops available for students to provide a ‘communal’ type support experience. Sometimes students have an individual counselling session and are advised to try a workshop, or referred to one of the groups the service runs.
Workshops and Groups Information
Workshops are often one-off events (sometimes they are made up of 2 linked sessions) with a specific theme, such as perfectionism, self-esteem or anxiety. Workshops are self-referral.
Groups are run as counselling in a group setting, and meet regularly (weekly or monthly). Attendees get to know other group members and can benefit from support and understanding from other participants, as well as hearing different perspectives. To enrol on a group you must have been seen for an individual counselling appointment first. You can register for an appointment here.
A podcast covering groups and workshops - the advantages of coming to one and how they work.
Bookings for the workshops will open two weeks before the workshop session
Workshop sessions will have input from the counsellor running it, as well as reflective exercises to allow discussion and sharing of experiences from students attending. They are often focussed on finding practical ways of managing specific issues.
- Thursday 26th May 2022 (13:30-14:00)
- MS Teams live event, Online - 365 Teams Meeting
- Monday 30th May 2022 (14:30-15:45)
- University of Nottingham Campus
- Wednesday 8th June 2022 (09:45-11:00)
- University of Nottingham Campus, University of Nottingham University Park Campus
- Wednesday 8th June 2022 (14:00-15:30)
- Sutton Bonington Campus LE12 5RD, Sutton Bonington campus of the University of Nottingham